Friday, October 30, 2009

In Memory


Can we ever unveil the bride
That makes us weep and gloomy?
Whose match is fixed at the wink of the eye
Even in days bright and sunny.

I don’t know why I feel so insecure
Even when the daylights tinkle
And the world is so full
Perhaps for my world feels empty
Of the candle that brightened it up
And every time the flowers whisper, as I sit and mull.

Whisper a melancholic strain
That’s too dear to my soul
And it embalms my weeping heart
Even when brine from my eyes roll.

Sleeping in deep slumber
On the earthy mother’s cosy lap
Sleeps my dainty shorter hand
And a most sanctified cherubim
Who sings God’s glory
As in Paradise she stands.

I fondly remember her little bed
That rested her forever
And the thousands of flower
That formed her bed cover.

Every little thing reminds me
Of our naughty fits
Of our pranks and fun
And in every little kid
I can see her glow
Glow of the beautiful setting sun.

The most delicate flowers
As they plant an airy kiss
Give me the feeling of the presence
Of someone I most miss.

And the green, pretty woods
That sings a choir song
Reminds me of the wood
That formed the resting place
Of that flawless body
That always did every good.

As the canopy that my eyes behold
Shelter my imagination’s deity
As she used to enter through it
Chirping and hopping like a bird pretty.
Just ten years and two months
Had made her little life
And brought her so close to my bosom
That I shall be reminded of her, of her alone
If in March flowers blossom.

The rain drops and the winds
Make me see those days
When we danced in the soaking rains
And breathed the windy rays.

Nothing can make a place
That she has reserved in my heart
And therein she still lies
Not in the barren grave
Not in her rotting woody shelter
But in my heart, which still cries.

1 comment:

  1. You seems to be a born poet. Enjoyed your poem "In Memory". Your poem brings feelings to my heart that I have never felt before you touch the lives of many and you have touched my heart. Ihampers.co.uk

    ReplyDelete