Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gulmohar in April


My heart warms as I see the Gulmohar

Decked in a flaming attire

I feel the fiery glow

Blazing under the veil of sapphire.

Tiny leaflets whirl and drop

On my head as a soft shower

And I feel a pleasant touch

As I stand under its bower.

It welcomes me into its vicinity

Strewing flowers on my way

And its leaflets fan me cool

After the hot April day.

Cosy words I hear from its parted lips

As I lap their wiry tongues

Even though it’s all Greek to me

I know to me they have just sung.

Coupling with the blazing sun

It’s the flame on the high perch

And swaying nineteen to the dozen

To its music, it makes everyone lurch.

Fluting its lute when the hot wind blows

It lures everyone under its shade

And before its lusty ballet dance

Everything seems to fade.

Decked in ruby it sheds its glow

Spreading its florid radiance

Bringing twilight in the gloom

Gulmohar enriches its ambience.

1 comment: