Sunday, November 1, 2009

Anecdotes #1

True to my word, this is the first ANECDOTE.

I started writing poems when I was in my 2nd grade. I used to show my poems to my English teachers so that they can give their comments and help me improve.
When I was in my 12th grade, I wrote a poem ‘The Peepal’ that is one of my favourite poems. This poem is also the longest poems that I have ever written (190 lines). My English teacher, Mrs. Mousumi Das, was very impressed by my work and while teaching ‘Tithonus’, a poem by, she mentioned my poem in class and asked the class to go through the poem to see how it is to feels the nature.
During that time, some of my friends started teasing me and making fun of me. It was then that our teacher told a boy “Mark my words, a day will come when you’ll also write poems because there is a poet in everyone, it’s just that it has never found a reason to express itself”.
Guess what, I met that boy after two years and he showed me one of his poems. Apparently, he had written the poem when the girl he loved ditched him. After all, he did become a poet!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment