Sunday, October 18, 2009

You are a poet as well...

Poems are like mirror that reflect the deepest feelings in the most wonderful ways. My confrontation with poem first took place when I had joined school and was amazed at how words could be connected to be sung. That was my nursery experience. Screaming lungs out and trying to be heard more and more and all the while trying to sound better than most others as we would try to match our voices to the rhythm of:

Twinkle, twinkle little star

How I wonder what you are!

Up above the world so high

Like a diamond in the sky.

With time I would feel lost in the beautiful picture painted through words by Wordsworth, Keats, Tennyson, Milton and many more.

And then I realized that everyone is a poet. We only need to pen down our feelings.

Though I am no Wordsworth or Keats, I would like to share my feelings with you so that you may feel lost in the picture that I would paint through words and may be one day you will find the poet in you.

WELCOME DEAR POET...

There are different forms of poetry.

Lyric poetry is short and expresses thoughts and feelings.

Epic poetry is long and depicts history or the lives of great men and women.

Narrative poetry tells a story.

Dramatic poetry is like a play.

Ballad is a narrative poem with a rhyming scheme and short verses.

An elegy is a sad poetry written in someone’s death.

An ode is a celebration and is lyrical addressing a person or thing.

Sonnet is a 14 line poem with a fixed pattern of rhyme.

Blank verse is a poetry that does not rhyme.

Free verse is a poetry that rhymes.

Happy Composing...

No comments:

Post a Comment