Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother


I remember the day I took my first step
You looked at me with teary eyes
You covered your mouth with your hand
And rushed to me, to hug me tight.

I remember the day I mouthed my first word
And how overjoyed you were to hear it
You kept looking at me expectantly
To hear it again and again.

I remember the day I opened a book
And held it upside down sitting beside my brother
You sat beside me and looked as I babbled
My own imaginary words.

And now, when years have gone by, I realize
You knew I would make pathways
And speak words that would flow
I would go that extra-mile that would again bring tears
And you would be proud of your daughter.

But still, I know it’s not about me
It’s all about you, mother
I am what you have made me
Your blessings are all I have
And all I can do is to make you proud
Of  your daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment