Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I am coming home...



As I see the darkening sky
And birds flying to their nest
I can feel a tug in my heart
To go home and rest.

I long for my mother's lap
And the hearty laugh of my dad
As the sun falls below the skyline
This yearning makes me grow sad.

I long for the sweet quarrels with my sis
And the wise advices of my bro
As I see people happily going home
For home, my longing grows.

I long to walk through my garden
And play with my dear dog and doves
I long to sit near the kitchen fire
And bathe in the warmth of family love.

But as I step out into the crowded street
And look at the faces unfamiliar and my heart forlorn
I can feel tears welling my eyes
And O' I miss home.

I have stayed away this far
But now I want to be with people my own
I now am alone and I want to be home
Mom, Dad I am coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment